Friday, November 14, 2014

5 days.

I am with my kids twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. It has been a point of pride for me. I like to be able to say I have seen every major and minor milestone each of my three children have accomplished. Well, that is, until last Sunday.

Shane, the kids, and I were all in the living room Sunday afternoon just relaxing and doing our own things. The boys were playing with toys, Shane was cuddling with Abby and watching t.v., and I was looking at all the great pictures I had recently captured of our kids. I am by no means a photographer, so any picture I can get that isn't blurry seems pretty great to me. It was a lovely, lazy afternoon.

It makes me want to cry, too!
After a little while, Shane put Abby on the floor to play. She then picked up a throw pillow and took two steps toward Shane. Her first steps!!! We knew she would be taking steps on her own soon, and Shane was worried she would start walking while he was at work. Imagine his excitement when she chose to take her first steps right in front of him! Really, it was in front of both of us.  What was I doing during this exciting moment, you ask? Well, stupid me was looking at the stupid pictures on my stupid phone. I was stupidly thinking that I should load those stupid pictures on to my stupid Facebook page. Looking back, none of those pictures were that good, anyway.

I was so happy Shane got to see her walk, but I was furious with myself for not paying attention. The rest of the afternoon, I tried to get Abby to walk for me. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nada.  That evening, Shane and I had a small group to go to, and the kids were at my parents' house. While I was at small group, I received a text that said "guess who just walked to her grandma?" Are you kidding me???? Is this some kind of cruel trick? Am I being punished? All I want is to see my daughter walk!

We got home, and still nothing. Monday came and went. Nothing. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday passed and there was no pitter patter of her
perfectly chubby little feet. Now it's Friday. A full five days since her first steps. If I don't see Abigail walk today, I am going to lose my mind! I know she is doing this on purpose. She likes to see me frazzled. Her twelve month old mind has concocted this scheme to drive me to the brink of insanity. Irrational? I don't think so.

Maybe I should bait her with something.

Chyan

No comments:

Post a Comment